All About STEM NEWS
STEMNET: Training videos for STEM Ambassadors
New STEM Ambassador videos launched!
STEMNET and education specialists EdComs have developed a series of seven videos showing STEM Ambassadors delivering activities in schools.
The videos are designed to give you as STEM Ambassadors a picture of what is involved in supporting an activity. They were developed in response to feedback from STEM Ambassadors who were keen to accompany an experienced STEM Ambassador on an activity to see how it all happens; this isn’t always possible, but we hope that the videos will be a useful alternative.
- A visit to an after-school STEM Club to explore artificial intelligence programming
STEM Ambassador: Louise Dennis
- A visit to a lunchtime STEM Club, using kit provided by a contract holder
STEM Ambassador: Bill Ellis
- Demonstrating a series of chemistry experiments with a year 7 class
STEM Ambassador: Marcia Philbin
- Giving an engineering presentation over the internet
STEM Ambassador: Mike Baldwin
- A STEM Ambassador’s first ever activity! Designing furniture from waste materials
STEM Ambassador: Tina Patel
- A textiles group exploring the mechanical properties of chocolate bars
STEM Ambassador: Jaime Pinnell
- Delivering an acoustics activity developed by a professional institution
STEM Ambassador: Emma Shanks
- How we do it: STEM Ambassadors talk about their experiences of volunteering
The videos can be found on STEMNET’s new training and support web pages for STEM Ambassadors. These pages aim to provide you with additional support during your time as a STEM Ambassador. As well as the videos, they contain information on training offers and guidance on working with schools.
Click here to find out more about our Ambassador Programme
Many of our Ambassadors promote STEM during our larger events too, The Big Bang North West is one example.
Relive The Big Bang North West here« Back To News