All About STEM NEWS
All About STEM: Unilever ‘Bright Futures’ Teacher Twilight Session
The Unilever Team, alongside Sarah Frodsham (Innovation Workstream Leader, R&D Hair Care) & Glynn Roberts (Director, R&D Hair Care) welcomed teachers from across the region to an evening of discovery, exploration and innovation.
“We believe there has never been a better time to create a better future for our children; a world where everyone has enough food to eat and no child goes to bed hungry. Where every child lives to their fifth birthday and has the right to a happy childhood. Where every home has enough water to drink and to wash, cook and clean and where everybody can enjoy life today while protecting the planet for future generations.
Unilever BrightFuture is a platform that helps unite and amplify the efforts of a growing community of people who believe it is possible to build a world where everyone lives well and lives sustainably. Who recognise we can only achieve this if we all work together to do small actions every day that make a real difference and who inspire others to join us in making this the way everyone chooses to live.” [Unilever]
- Packaging – A look at the company’s packaging changes & materials from around the world to meet different needs
- Formulation – A chance to see surfactant chemistry in action and how formulations can be altered and changed to meet different needs
- Processing – A tour of the hair pilot plant to see how chemical engineers get lab scale ready for factory scale
- Digital R&D – How advancements in IT technology aid scientists to design winning products
- Consumer – Thinking like consumers with an interactive session all about consumers in China, what does the company does to understand what makes them tick
In addition to the activities above there was also the opportunity to learn more from Unilever’s HR team about some of the softer skills employers are looking for, as well as getting some more information about the company’s Apprenticeships and Dove Day programmes. Directors from the Hair, Laundry and Discover sectors shared their career journeys and opened up the floor for a Q & A.
Official Gallery: Thousands of children inspired at The Big Bang North West 2016!
Big Bang North West 2016: The Movie
The Big Bang North West 2016 Gallery: BBNW LIVE TWITTER ‘TRENDING’ NATIONALLY!
Headline Sponsors AstraZeneca ‘Heat Up’ The Big Bang North West
The Big Bang North West 2016: Your Amazing Feedback!
The Big Bang North West 2016: A Teacher’s View