All About STEM NEWS
British Model Flying Association: Payload Challenge!
Every year (starting in October and cumulating in June), the BMFA runs the ‘Payload’ Challenge through their Time and Space Learning Community. This a programme for Secondary Schools, 6th form Colleges and Universities.
There are several challenges to get involved with and full details can be found on the BMFA website here.
The best news is that we have a fantastic STEM Ambassador available who is Education Co-ordinator for the NW British Model Flying Association!
He can help by:
1. Visiting schools and explaining what the challenges are about.
2. Mentoring or arranging for another BMFA member to mentor school teams if they would like to take part.
By taking part in the challenges school teams:
1. Learn how to solve a challenging practical problem
2. Acquire aviation design/development skills
3. Construct an airframe they have designed
4. Gain team building and team working experience
5. Have fun! This is a very enjoyable exercise for all who take part
Schools: Express your interest for the Big Bang North West 2019!
The Big Bang North West 2018: 7000 school children celebrate STEM!
Metro Mayor Opens Big Bang Competition Awards Ceremony – Winners Announced!
Big Bang North West & AstraZeneca celebrate 5 years of STEM inspiration for schools!
The Big Bang North West 2018: Your AMAZING Feedback!
The Big Bang North West 2018: Official Gallery
The Big Bang North West 2018: LIVE Twitter Gallery
The Big Bang North West 2018: Big Bang UK Competition Projects
The Big Bang North West 2018: Behind the Scenes