All About STEM NEWS
Big Bang North West 2019: Save a Life with the North West Ambulance Service
The NWAS team will be providing a practical activity of Basic Life Support, you can meet the staff, and gain careers advice and guidance. Not forgetting a tour of an ambulance too!
There is no better skill to learn than how to save a life.
The North West Ambulance Service
Think of the ambulance service and you’ll probably think of bright yellow vehicles and blue flashing lights, but there’s a lot more to them than that:
- They serve more than seven million people across approximately 5,400 square miles – the communities of Cumbria, Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Merseyside and Cheshire.
- They receive approximately 1.3 million 999 calls and respond to over a million emergency incidents each year.
- They make 1.5 million patient transport journeys every year for those who require non-emergency transport to and from healthcare appointments.
- They deliver the NHS 111 service across the region for people who need medical help or advice, handling more than 1.5 million calls every year.
- They employ around 6,300 staff in over 300 different roles.
- They have over 1,000 emergency and non-emergency vehicles operating across the North West.
The Big Bang North West 2019 is going to be our BIGGEST & best event to date!
We’re sorry, due to popular demand BBNW is now FULLY BOOKED but we are still open for Big Bang UK competition entrants.
The Big Bang North West 2019: FULLY BOOKED!
Big Bang North West: New Headline Sponsor – Unilever!
Enter The Big Bang UK Young Scientists & Engineers Competition
Metro Mayor Opens Big Bang Competition Awards Ceremony 2018
The Big Bang North West 2018: Your AMAZING Feedback!
The Big Bang North West 2018: Official Gallery