All About STEM NEWS
Home & School Learning: STEM/STEAM Resources Collection 13
There’s no need to ride the search engines, hop off at All About STEM’s Inspiration Station!
During this time, we know that teachers and parents are surfing the web looking for fun, interesting activities for their children. Supporting this mission is our priority so every weekday we will be sourcing and sharing home & school resources, competitions, virtual tours, videos, ideas, awards and more!
We’ll also be listing activities to promote positivity, mindfulness and exercise.
Science – Technology – Engineering – Art – Maths – Body – Mind – Enjoy!
- Make magnetic slime!
This is so much fun & the recipe is just an example, you can use any activator you wish.
Adult supervision required: We’re conscious of skin conditions/reactions with some activators so check before you make. As long as your own slime is thick enough to hold iron filings, this will work!
- Join TV’s Steve Backshall every Wednesday for his LIVE Q & A.
You can send him your wildlife questions on twitter before the show!
- STFC Science at Home: Our Solar System
- STFC Science at Home: Moons & Meteorites
- STFC Science at Home: Our Precious Planet
- Make a battery from two pence pieces.
It can even run your remote control!
*Adult supervision required
- Design & Technology: Build a mini-tree house.
You could make your own home or design a dream mansion…
- Primary Design/Tech activities from STEM Learning: IET Faraday
- Engineer some awesome LEGO illusions with Zach King!
Nearly 7 million subscribers can’t be wrong, right?
- Physics & Engineering: Build your own Tumbling Toy
Today’s focus – Crafts: Get Organised!
- Make your own Stationery Organiser for craft supplies or home schooling with a secret compartment! If you’d prefer one with a calendar, cupboards & compartments try this.
- Up-cycle your cereal boxes into storage for books, magazines & more.
- Create a toilet roll tidy for your cables & tech!
You can use a shoe box & wrap it instead of a decorative box.
- IXL Home Learning Maths Support
& taster questions for…
Y1 Y2 Y3 Y4 Y5 Y6
Y7 Y8 Y9 Y10 Y11 Y12 Y13
- Eden Project: Biome in a Box
Create a mini container garden or landscape for imaginative play.
- Download the British Red Cross Kindness Calendar
Log your kind acts & see the difference they make, there are supporting activities too!
- Healthy Coping Colouring Book & Journal – FREE pages!
- Get moving: Playful Poses
Don’t forget to follow All About STEM on Twitter & Facebook as we’ll be posting more resources there.
-Tag us @allaboutstem to highlight useful resources and we will feature them or pass them on.
-Tag us in your home or school project photos and inspire others. We’d love to share them and celebrate your children’s success!
We know this is a very difficult period. We will try our best to showcase enriching educational activities and help you find what you need in the shortest time.
Keep it fun, keep smiling, keep safe
– Team All About STEM