All About STEM NEWS
Online Workshop: STEM Clubs – How to be successful & thriving
Do you want to make your STEM club successful and thriving in the next academic year?
Join the latest online workshop from the STEM Ambassador Hub (South East England).
Club leaders will gain inspiration, ideas and practical tips for developing their club, as well as an understanding of the importance of STEM Clubs and an appreciation of the vital role the STEM Club leader has in supporting and enthusing students.
The workshop is aimed at secondary schools, Sixth Form and FE colleges across England with KS3, KS4 and KS5 provision. Designed as an online course it will take place as three sessions across 3-4 days: Session 1: 1-hour interactive session, Session 2: Self-learning tasks and Session 3: 1-hour interactive session.
The workshop includes practical activities, opportunities to network and the sharing of best practice.
The workshop explores the following topics:
- consider the definition of a ‘Thriving and Successful’ club and the STEM Clubs criteria
- how to maintain interest with senior leadership, parents, local industry, community, students and how club leader skills can translate into the classroom
- promoting best practice through support networks and collaboration
- how to enhance student engagement by creating opportunities for responsibility and looking at ways to enhance essential skills and raise careers awareness understanding the benefits of impact, student evaluation and recognition schemes and how to gather evidence
- identifying challenges, competitions, projects and activities that engage student interest and how to plan activities, adapt projects and avoid potential pitfalls
- adding extra benefit through trips and visitors
- identifying funding sources and grants available nationally, regionally and locally; and exploring how to apply for grants and understand what information organisations are seeking
- generating opportunities, ideas or projects that could produce funding
- seeking materials and resources and how to approach local companies
Brought to you by STEM Ambassador Hub South East England
All About STEM works on lots of exciting STEM projects. As part of the STEM Learning family, we manage the STEM Ambassador Hub in Merseyside, Cheshire and Warrington, working closely with the regional Science Learning Partnerships in Merseyside and Warrington and Cheshire and Stockport. Follow STEM Ambassador Hub Merseyside & Cheshire on Twitter .« Back To News