All About STEM NEWS
Zoom: STEM Clubs Workshop – Enhancing Employability Skills & Careers Knowledge
Our online sessions are packed with ideas, resources and support along with STEM ambassadors, inspiration and more!
The Enhancing Employability Skills & Careers Knowledge workshop will promote opportunities for club leaders to learn how to incorporate and enhance careers knowledge and build skills for students within club sessions.
Club leaders will become confident in their understanding and use of STEM Ambassadors, Science Capital, Gatsby Careers Benchmarks, Essential Skills and the Skills Builder Framework. The workshop is open to secondary schools, Sixth Form and FE colleges across England with KS3, KS4 and KS5 provision.
Designed as a 2-hour session, the workshop includes hands-on practical activities, opportunities to network and explores the following topics:
– understanding the value that thriving and successful clubs bring to a school
– current club practice to promote careers, employability and essential skills
– why essential employability skills are important and the role clubs can play
– reviewing the Science Capital approach and how it can be used to raise student awareness of skills and careers knowledge
– identifying essential skills and the methodology of the Skills Builder Framework
– understanding the role and value of STEM Ambassadors and STEM Ambassador Hubs and how to engage with STEM Ambassadors
– reviewing the Gatsby Career Benchmarks and how STEM Clubs can assist in addressing the skills shortage
– embedding Careers and Essential Skills in club activities and projects to maximise value with short, medium and long term goals
– how clubs can reward and add value to students demonstrating excellence in skill sets
– what additional support is available, websites, organisations, STEM Clubs resources
Date: Wednesday 1st December 2021 – 3:30 pm
Suitable For: State-funded FE Colleges, State-funded secondary schools & State-funded sixth forms
All About STEM works on lots of exciting STEM projects. As part of the STEM Learning family, we manage the STEM Ambassador Hub in Merseyside, Cheshire and Warrington, working closely with the regional Science Learning Partnerships in Merseyside and Warrington and Cheshire and Stockport. Follow STEM Ambassador Hub Merseyside & Cheshire on Twitter .« Back To News