Registering as a STEM Ambassador
Being a STEM Ambassador is about engaging and enthusing young people with science, technology, engineering and mathematics. You will help encourage students to consider further study of STEM subjects and progression into related careers, inspiring the next generation of STEM professionals. It offers the chance to give something back to education and the wider community, whilst giving you the chance to develop your own skills and improve yourself.
Registering as a STEM Ambassador is a brilliant way to get involved in inspiring the next generation of STEM experts and supporting students in making career choices. It will also enable you to benefit from a whole range of ideas and support provided by your regional STEM Ambassador Hub and STEM Learning.
If you’d like detailed information about what the role entails and the benefits of being involved, click to view the STEM Ambassador pages on the STEM Learning website.
If you’re ready to register, the process is outlined below but please view the more detailed, printable version of the registration instructions available in the downloads section.
- Register for a STEM Ambassador account.
- Complete the online induction training. You can do this online here.
- Complete an Enhanced DBS application. An online DBS application form will be set up for you with Atlantic Data. Alternatively, if you already have an Enhanced Child Workforce certificate and it is registered with the DBS Update Service contact [email protected].
- Complete a DBS ID verification. This can be done by a person from an authorised list, similar to the process for having a passport photograph certified. See the ‘Choosing an External ID Verifier’ and ‘Information for Your Chosen External ID Verifier’ documents in the downloads section.
- Receive your ID card and become an approved STEM Ambassador.
- Start volunteering.
- Log your volunteering on your STEM Ambassador account.
For information about keeping your STEM Ambassador account up to date, click here.
All About STEM is always out and about. Here we bring you stories of what we’ve done and news items about things we’re planning. We’re adding new items regularly so come back to see what we’re up to.
Resources: Celebrate Tim Peake’s Space Launch in School!
On the 15th of December 2015, UK Astronaut Tim Peake launched successfully into space from Baikonur Cosmodrome on board Soyuz TMA-19M. With the anniversary of this momentous event just days away, we've brought together a collection of resources & activities ...View our news
UK’s largest celebration of STEM, The Big Bang Fair, announces new series of regional events
Schools and families will have the chance to be inspired by scientists and engineers on their doorstep with a new series of regional events announced today by the organisers of The Big Bang Fair, the country’s largest celebration of science, technology, engineering and maths ...View our news
FREE Online Courses: Inspire Young People in STEM!
STEM Learning are offering free courses for STEM Ambassadors & other volunteers. You can discover ways to create better practical activities for young people & build your confidence. Learn new skills, pursue your interests or advance your career with these ...View our news