Registering as a STEM Ambassador
Being a STEM Ambassador is about engaging and enthusing young people with science, technology, engineering and mathematics. You will help encourage students to consider further study of STEM subjects and progression into related careers, inspiring the next generation of STEM professionals. It offers the chance to give something back to education and the wider community, whilst giving you the chance to develop your own skills and improve yourself.
Registering as a STEM Ambassador is a brilliant way to get involved in inspiring the next generation of STEM experts and supporting students in making career choices. It will also enable you to benefit from a whole range of ideas and support provided by your regional STEM Ambassador Hub and STEM Learning.
If you’d like detailed information about what the role entails and the benefits of being involved, click to view the STEM Ambassador pages on the STEM Learning website.
If you’re ready to register, the process is outlined below but please view the more detailed, printable version of the registration instructions available in the downloads section.
- Register for a STEM Ambassador account.
- Complete the online induction training. You can do this online here.
- Complete an Enhanced DBS application. An online DBS application form will be set up for you with Atlantic Data. Alternatively, if you already have an Enhanced Child Workforce certificate and it is registered with the DBS Update Service contact [email protected].
- Complete a DBS ID verification. This can be done by a person from an authorised list, similar to the process for having a passport photograph certified. See the ‘Choosing an External ID Verifier’ and ‘Information for Your Chosen External ID Verifier’ documents in the downloads section.
- Receive your ID card and become an approved STEM Ambassador.
- Start volunteering.
- Log your volunteering on your STEM Ambassador account.
For information about keeping your STEM Ambassador account up to date, click here.
All About STEM is always out and about. Here we bring you stories of what we’ve done and news items about things we’re planning. We’re adding new items regularly so come back to see what we’re up to.
ESERO: ESA Kids Space Gallery Competition
What are you up to this summer holiday? How about making some art? Would you like to see your own space artwork on the ESA Kids site? Here's your chance! Every month ESA Kids is looking at a different theme in ...View our news
STEM Learning: Online Courses for Teachers
Self-paced, online courses from STEM Learning allow you to learn wherever and whenever suits you. You will access real classroom footage, learn from leading experts and experienced educators, and reflect to improve your teaching practice. Join STEM Learning's online courses ...View our news
Amazing Apprenticeships: Parent Perspective Podcast – Episode 2
The Parent Perspective is an exciting new 8-part podcast series for parents and carers, helping them to support their children with careers advice and guidance. Parents and carers are one of the biggest influencers on a young person making their career decisions. Not ...View our news