Registering as a STEM Ambassador
Being a STEM Ambassador is about engaging and enthusing young people with science, technology, engineering and mathematics. You will help encourage students to consider further study of STEM subjects and progression into related careers, inspiring the next generation of STEM professionals. It offers the chance to give something back to education and the wider community, whilst giving you the chance to develop your own skills and improve yourself.
Registering as a STEM Ambassador is a brilliant way to get involved in inspiring the next generation of STEM experts and supporting students in making career choices. It will also enable you to benefit from a whole range of ideas and support provided by your regional STEM Ambassador Hub and STEM Learning.
If you’d like detailed information about what the role entails and the benefits of being involved, click to view the STEM Ambassador pages on the STEM Learning website.
If you’re ready to register, the process is outlined below but please view the more detailed, printable version of the registration instructions available in the downloads section.
- Register for a STEM Ambassador account.
- Complete the online induction training. You can do this online here.
- Complete an Enhanced DBS application. An online DBS application form will be set up for you with Atlantic Data. Alternatively, if you already have an Enhanced Child Workforce certificate and it is registered with the DBS Update Service contact [email protected].
- Complete a DBS ID verification. This can be done by a person from an authorised list, similar to the process for having a passport photograph certified. See the ‘Choosing an External ID Verifier’ and ‘Information for Your Chosen External ID Verifier’ documents in the downloads section.
- Receive your ID card and become an approved STEM Ambassador.
- Start volunteering.
- Log your volunteering on your STEM Ambassador account.
For information about keeping your STEM Ambassador account up to date, click here.
All About STEM is always out and about. Here we bring you stories of what we’ve done and news items about things we’re planning. We’re adding new items regularly so come back to see what we’re up to.
STEM Club Champions: FREE Online Workshops!
All About STEM are STEM Club Champions for the Merseyside, West Cheshire, Warrington, Chester and West Lancashire areas! As your STEM Club Champions, we will be delivering a variety of online workshops around how to manage and facilitate STEM Clubs and ...View our news
Amazing Apprenticeships: Parent Packs – Support at Home
Amazing Apprenticeships have created a full range of resources to help support parents through these unprecedented times. Along with learner resources parents can access current and past editions of specialist parent packs, filled with the latest advice and guidance, supported by the National Apprenticeship ...View our news
Primary Engineering with CREST!
CREST isn't just about science. CREST Awards cover numerous subjects via many different projects… including engineering! Every session can help your students become independent and reflective learners through enquiry-based work. Here’s our rundown of all of the engineering activities that young people ...View our news