Registering as a STEM Ambassador
Being a STEM Ambassador is about engaging and enthusing young people with science, technology, engineering and mathematics. You will help encourage students to consider further study of STEM subjects and progression into related careers, inspiring the next generation of STEM professionals. It offers the chance to give something back to education and the wider community, whilst giving you the chance to develop your own skills and improve yourself.
Registering as a STEM Ambassador is a brilliant way to get involved in inspiring the next generation of STEM experts and supporting students in making career choices. It will also enable you to benefit from a whole range of ideas and support provided by your regional STEM Ambassador Hub and STEM Learning.
If you’d like detailed information about what the role entails and the benefits of being involved, click to view the STEM Ambassador pages on the STEM Learning website.
If you’re ready to register, the process is outlined below but please view the more detailed, printable version of the registration instructions available in the downloads section.
- Register for a STEM Ambassador account.
- Complete the online induction training. You can do this online here.
- Complete an Enhanced DBS application. An online DBS application form will be set up for you with Atlantic Data. Alternatively, if you already have an Enhanced Child Workforce certificate and it is registered with the DBS Update Service contact [email protected].
- Complete a DBS ID verification. This can be done by a person from an authorised list, similar to the process for having a passport photograph certified. See the ‘Choosing an External ID Verifier’ and ‘Information for Your Chosen External ID Verifier’ documents in the downloads section.
- Receive your ID card and become an approved STEM Ambassador.
- Start volunteering.
- Log your volunteering on your STEM Ambassador account.
For information about keeping your STEM Ambassador account up to date, click here.
All About STEM is always out and about. Here we bring you stories of what we’ve done and news items about things we’re planning. We’re adding new items regularly so come back to see what we’re up to.
CREST Awards: Become a CREST Assessor
Would you like to become a CREST Assessor? CREST Awards are assessed by trained STEM professionals. They are from a range of backgrounds and have expertise in various subjects. The role is perfect for qualified STEM ambassadors too. About CREST: The CREST Awards ...View our news
STEM Club Champions: Online STEM Club Resources
As STEM Club Champions for Merseyside, West Cheshire, Warrington, Chester and West Lancashire, Team All About STEM are excited (and extremely proud) to receive news from our schools about their 'Online STEM Clubs'. Congratulations & well done to all on continuing to ...View our news
STEM Ambassadors & STEM employees! Inspire learners at home or school…
Are you are a STEM Ambassador or do you work in STEM? If so, you can help home and school learners during these uncertain times... and all from the comfort of your couch! If you download one of our STEM Spotlight ...View our news