Registering as a STEM Ambassador
Being a STEM Ambassador is about engaging and enthusing young people with science, technology, engineering and mathematics. You will help encourage students to consider further study of STEM subjects and progression into related careers, inspiring the next generation of STEM professionals. It offers the chance to give something back to education and the wider community, whilst giving you the chance to develop your own skills and improve yourself.
Registering as a STEM Ambassador is a brilliant way to get involved in inspiring the next generation of STEM experts and supporting students in making career choices. It will also enable you to benefit from a whole range of ideas and support provided by your regional STEM Ambassador Hub and STEM Learning.
If you’d like detailed information about what the role entails and the benefits of being involved, click to view the STEM Ambassador pages on the STEM Learning website.
If you’re ready to register, the process is outlined below but please view the more detailed, printable version of the registration instructions available in the downloads section.
- Register for a STEM Ambassador account.
- Complete the online induction training. You can do this online here.
- Complete an Enhanced DBS application. An online DBS application form will be set up for you with Atlantic Data. Alternatively, if you already have an Enhanced Child Workforce certificate and it is registered with the DBS Update Service contact [email protected].
- Complete a DBS ID verification. This can be done by a person from an authorised list, similar to the process for having a passport photograph certified. See the ‘Choosing an External ID Verifier’ and ‘Information for Your Chosen External ID Verifier’ documents in the downloads section.
- Receive your ID card and become an approved STEM Ambassador.
- Start volunteering.
- Log your volunteering on your STEM Ambassador account.
For information about keeping your STEM Ambassador account up to date, click here.
All About STEM is always out and about. Here we bring you stories of what we’ve done and news items about things we’re planning. We’re adding new items regularly so come back to see what we’re up to.
All About STEM & ScottishPower promote planet-friendly power in primary schools!
All About STEM have partnered with ScottishPower to introduce a fun, interactive primary programme to promote renewable energy. During the workshops learners have the opportunity to discover more about sustainable energy sources and make their own planet-friendly power stations. ScottishPower is the first company ...View our news
Reading is STEMsational Programme: The Launch!
On the 14th and 15th of January, All About STEM in partnership with Reading Rocks, launched the Reading is STEMsational programme. These two events (covering Merseyside, Cheshire and Greater Manchester) were packed with primary teachers, STEM Ambassadors and other partners ...View our news
We’re a Be One Percent Business, are you?
All About STEM are proud to be a Be One Percent Business. This means that we show our support by co-funding Be One Percent's running costs with other businesses so that every charitable donation from the public helps fight poverty. You ...View our news