STEM Ambassador Spotlights
Find out more about who our amazing volunteers are and what they do!
Our STEM Ambassador volunteers come from a wide range of backgrounds and work in a vast array of STEM sectors and job roles. We love highlighting the work they do, in order to open the eyes of our local young people to all the amazing potential career opportunities that exist in our region.
If you’re a STEM Ambassador, we’d love you to complete the STEM Ambassador Spotlight Profile, available in the Downloads section below, and return it to amba[email protected]. We’ll then feature you on our website and share your profile with schools and young people so that they can get an insight into your company and job role.
If you’re a teacher, or community group leader, you can download the current STEM Ambassador Spotlights and use them to support your activities with young people.
Alternatively, for those of you comfortable in front of a camera, why not film a short ‘talking head’ video of yourself, either talking about yourself and your career or something related to the sector you work in, or demonstrating a quick STEM activity related to your job.
If you’ve not seen her yet, check out Holly Ellis, aka ‘The Scouse Scientist’ for some inspiration. She is on Facebook and Twitter and YouTube.
The recording doesn’t need to be super-slick – just recorded on your phone would be fine. If you send them to [email protected], we’ll feature them on our website and share them via our social media channels, helping to inform and inspire our local young people about the range of fascinating careers available in the region.
- STEM Ambassador Spotlight Template
- STEM Ambassador Spotlight - Krystina Pearson-Rampeearee - BAE Systems
- STEM Ambassador Spotlight - Paula Manley - Waters Corporation
- STEM Ambassador Spotlight - Rachel Rawlings - Air Products
- STEM Ambassador Spotlight - Laura Bonnett - University of Liverpool
- STEM Ambassador Spotlight - Francis Stoppard - Merchant Navy
- STEM Ambassador Spotlight - Matt Dickinson - Vet
- STEM Ambassador Spotlight - Shane Pilkington - Fujitsu
- STEM Ambassador Spotlight - Daniela Cardoso - Network Rail
- STEM Ambassador Spotlight - Mags Hudson - Creature Ark
- STEM Ambassador Spotlight - Annalisa Vangetti - Genesis Oil and Gas Consultants
- STEM Ambassador Spotlight - Vivien Lang - Jaguar Land Rover
- STEM Ambassador Spotlight-Ellis McNulty- Laing O'Rourke
All About STEM is always out and about. Here we bring you stories of what we’ve done and news items about things we’re planning. We’re adding new items regularly so come back to see what we’re up to.
Increase Access to Higher Education with Nuffield Research Placements
An independent evaluation of Nuffield Research Placements shows that they increase access to higher education courses in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM). Nearly a third (32%) of participants enrolled in a STEM course in a Russell Group institution, compared to 25% of ...View our news
CREST Project Ideas: Try the Question Generator!
Students can create their own CREST projects to investigate but if they're looking for ideas or inspiration, why not try the CREST Question Generator! It's a fantastic way to give Secondary learners their own choice of topics and get them ...View our news
Business Breakfast: Engaging with SEND pupils to enrich your STEM talent pipeline
Diversity and Inclusion are priorities for organisations. Join STEM Learning to discuss how you can effectively engage with SEND young people. The theme of STEM Learning's latest business breakfast will be diversity and inclusion with a focus on SEND. "Our business partners ...View our news