All About STEM NEWS
Merseyside STEM Ambassador Extension Training: Don’t miss out!
MerseySTEM are pleased to announce that we will be running a STEM Ambassador Extension Training session on Wednesday 2nd March, 2016, 2pm – 4pm, at Hope University, Hope Park Campus, Taggart Avenue, Childwall, L19 9JD.
This training session, open to all STEM Ambassadors, whether new to the scheme or well-experienced, forms part of STEMNET’s programme of building a nationwide support offer for STEM Ambassadors, giving them the skills and confidence to deliver enriching and exciting STEM activities to young people in the UK.
The training in STEM communication and engagement, focuses on providing STEM Ambassadors with skills they can apply across the spectrum of STEM Ambassador activities.
The STEM Ambassador Extension Training aims to help ambassadors to:
– Identify the attributes of successful STEM Ambassador activities
– Recognise the importance of delivery style when carrying out successful STEM Ambassador activities
– Formulate an idea for a new STEM Ambassador activity
It looks at ideas such as:
– What is learning?
– Personal learning and thinking skills (an idea common in current educational practice in schools)
– Presentation skills (Jargon-busting, vocal inflection, body language etc)
– Formulas for developing successful activities
The training will be an informal session, with time to chat and share ideas and experiences with other STEM Ambassadors. You can book a place by visiting our online booking page.
THE BIG BANG NORTH WEST 2016 IS COMING:
Don’t let your school miss out!
Click here to book…