All About STEM NEWS
Book Now: Mars Day 2023!
Event Date: 7 March 2023
As part of the Mars Day 23 mission, schools are invited to host space activities in classrooms alongside fellow schools nationwide for Mars Hour 23. There will also be a range of live and virtual activities hosted by organisations across the UK for Mars Week 23 (07 – 12 March 2023) for schools and the public.
“Lift-off will begin with two engaging sessions from the UK Space Agency and ESA updating on their space exploration programmes and missions. Plus there will be careers sessions focusing on the link between STEM and space covering Science in Space, Technology in Space, Engineering in Space and Maths in Space. Each session will feature a lead speaker as a subject ‘Patron’, with a panel of STEM Ambassadors and industry professionals working in space projects across the vast UK space industry joining in for discussions.”
Flight plans for the 2023 mission:
- There will be more speaker stars than ever before from ESA, NASA’s Perseverance team and the UK Space Agency
- Run classroom activities at Mars Hour at 11 with free resources to download
- Explore the Artemis Programme, the recent Artemis 1 mission and the giant leap from Mars to the Moon
- Discover hidden heroes of the UK space industry revealing their journeys from studying STEM to participating in space missions
- Experience a new element to the programme – Guest Planet of the Year – with the imminent mission to Jupiter in 2023
- Explore Mars over the week with nationwide partners offering out-of-this-world events and sessions for schools during Mars Week.
Find out more and book your places for Mars Day here!
Mars Day: Tuesday 7 March 2023
All About STEM works on lots of exciting STEM projects. As part of the STEM Learning family, we manage the STEM Ambassador Hub in Merseyside, Cheshire and Warrington, working closely with the regional Science Learning Partnerships in Merseyside and Warrington and Cheshire and Stockport.« Back To News