All About STEM NEWS
Cammell Laird Apprenticeship Opportunities
Great news! Cammell Laird will be recruiting Apprentices in January 2016!
As part of the process roles will be based in the Maritime & Engineering College North West for the first phase and will then transfer to the shop-floor following the first stage of the training. This is a fantastic hands-on opportunity to start a career with a leader in the field of engineering.
The role will involve the following:
- Various tasks on board ships and on other projects both on and off site
- Accessing different work areas such as engine rooms, tanks and deck areas
- Heavy manual engineering work assisting tradesmen in various tasks whilst learning on the job
- Attending college and other courses as and when necessary to achieve the relevant qualifications for the role (these must be achieved)
Specific skills required:
- Must be able to work at heights and confined spaces
- Must be able to work well as part of a team as well as individually
- Must be reliable and an excellent time keeper
- Previous experience of engineering through school or work experience is desirable
- Good grades in GCSE Maths, English and Science required or the potential to achieve a Level 3 Apprenticeship Framework.
The role is subject to a 6 month probationary period.
Please click here for Application Form.
Completed forms should be returned DIRECTLY to Maritime & Engineering College North West via e-mail or post.
Closing date for applications is 31st December 2015
Due to the volume of applications this opportunity attracts only applicants selected for interview will be contacted. Interviews will take place week commencing 18th January 2016.« Back To News