All About STEM NEWS
Careers & Enterprise Company: Covid 19 Support
To support schools, colleges, young people, employer partners and the wider careers education community during the coronavirus pandemic, the Careers & Enterprise Company have brought together the latest information, guidance and resources to help keep you connected.
Be sure to keep visiting their website as more resources will be added in the coming weeks.
A selection of resources for parents, teachers, schools or careers leaders.
Online ‘Work It’ Videos
A series of career talks from young people to young people, with a focus on transitioning from education into the world of work.
There are 10 videos so far with new videos each week. Videos cover a range of sectors, ages (19-25), experiences and transition points.
Keep an eye out on social media for more!
The Careers & Enterprise Company has collated resources which are divided by Key Stage to help you find useful and innovative ideas for your children/students.
Key Stage 3-5
- 10 Ways to Achieve Careers Education at Home – home study career education ideas – workbooks, websites, videos and more.
- Be Ready – free online training platform covering key careers, employability and well-being. CPD certificate on completion.
- Free Home Learning Resources from TES – 87 free resources for home learning.
Key Stage 4-5
- Barclays Life Skills – students are able to learn where their skills are needed and see the inner workings of a company.
- Go Construct – careers and apprenticeship information in construction.
- EtonX Future Skills – Eton College is making several online self-study courses from their Programme available free of charge.
Key Stage 5
- A complete guide to how and why Year 13 should use LinkedIn, produced by The Misbourne, the lead schools for the Buckinghamshire Careers Hub
SEND and Key Stage 3-4
- Explore the world of STEM – a selection of free online resources available from Learn by Design for all to use, to help explore the world of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths).
- How to explain the current situation to young people with SEND – a SEND specific resource to explain the current situation in a clear and ‘friendly’ manner. The story to support the pictures is at the end of the book for teachers, parents or carers.
Support for Parents
A Parent’s Guide to Careers Guidance – The decisions young people make from an early stage at school can have a big impact on their future career choices and happiness. This guide by Cascaid is designed to provide an overview of how parents can help support their children with these important choices.
‘Learning with Parents’ webinar – What can we in the education sector do to support disadvantaged communities with parental engagement at this critical time?
Teachers/Careers Leaders/Support: Building a Stable Careers Programme (Gatsby Benchmark 1) – Webinar Series
FREE webinars to support schools and colleges in their continued development of a stable, structured careers programme.
The webinars will be recorded and made available online for those who are unable to join live. There is also free Gatsby Benchmark 1 training available online.