All About STEM NEWS
National Science and Engineering Competition
There is still plenty of time to enter your projects for the National Science and Engineering Competition. The regional heat will be held at the Big Bang in Aintree on the 8th July.
There is no requirement for competition entries to be registered to any scheme such as CREST, Primary Engineers or Young Engineers.
They just need to be projects that entrants would be proud to stand in front of. They may have been completed in class, as coursework or as extra-curricula activities. Full rules of entry and more information can be found on the NSEC website
Entrants will need to have a display about the project that they have done. They will be visited at their display by the judges who will want to talk about their project, why they did it, what problems they had to overcome etc. Judging is done on the showfloor, so there is no audience. Private feedback will be sent to entrants after the event.
If you would like to enter a project or have a chat about what projects are suitable for the competition then please get in touch. e-mail us on [email protected] or phone 0151 527 3823
As well as places to the National finals run in March next year up for grabs we’re pleased to announce that there are lots of prizes sponsored by our friends:
- NHS prize for Innovation in Healthcare
- Sellafield prize for the North West Engineer of the Year
- CREST prize for Communication
- Getrag Ford prize for Innovation
- Institute of Mathematics and its Applications prize for Best Application of Mathematics
- MerseySTEM Endeavour Award
- Merseyside Skeptics Award for Asking a Good Question
« Back To News