All About STEM NEWS
Big Bang North West: Fruits, fun & fitness with Tatton Park!
Visit Tatton Park’s stand to learn about where our food comes from and why healthy eating is so important. Can you master the fruit and vegetable challenge?
“Discover how it can be ‘tricky’ to sort fruit and veg, find out where our foods come from, how to ‘eat well’ and stay fit! We’ll have freebies for you too!”
Tatton Park, England’s Large Visitor Attraction of the Year in 2014, is one of the North West’s most popular heritage attractions. Over 800,000 visits are made each year to the 1,000 acres of deer park, Mansion, Gardens, Old Hall, rare breeds Farm and events.
Did you know?
– Tatton Park is one of the largest visitor attractions in the North West, welcoming 800,000 every year
– Tatton Park has over 1,000 acres of public parkland (home to a herd of beautiful wild Red & Fallow deer)
– Tatton Park is one of only 17 Farms to have received Rare Breeds Accreditation by the Rare Breeds Survival Trust
– Tatton Park had technology which was advanced or without parallel in other country houses at the time, including a tin bath, steam power, electric lighting and even a coal railway!
– Tatton Park has an ice house in the grounds – an unusual, underground refrigeration unit used by the Egerton family in the 19th century to preserve food
Tatton Park welcomes work placements for secondary school pupils and students from universities and higher education institutions.
The Big Bang North West 2017
Big Bang North West 2017: Headline Sponsor AstraZeneca!
Official Gallery: Thousands of children inspired at The Big Bang North West 2016!
The Big Bang North West 2016 Gallery: BBNW LIVE TWITTER ‘TRENDING’ NATIONALLY!
The Big Bang North West 2016: Booming Online!
The Big Bang North West 2016: Your Amazing Feedback!
The Big Bang North West 2016: A Teacher’s View