All About STEM NEWS
Bursary Available: CPD – Creating intelligent products in design and technology with the micro:bit
Find out how to create intelligent electronic products in all material areas of design and technology, using the micro:bit.
Discover how this affordable device, and it’s free online software, can be used by students to embed intelligence in design and technology products. And how it can support the teaching of both key stage three and the new Design and Technology GCSE.
Build your confidence in teaching programmable components: from programming simple code and connecting electronic components, to building electronics content into prototype products.
You don’t have to own a micro:bit to take part. Every participant will receive a free micro:bit and electronics starter pack as part of the course.
This course is perfect for:
- teachers of all material areas who are at the early stages of their journey in teaching electronic content, either in key stage 3 or as part of the new core content in GCSE design and technology. No previous experience of teaching electronics is required.
- technicians of all material areas who are supporting the teaching of key stage 3 or key stage 4 design and technology. No previous experience of teaching electronics is required.
From this course you will:
have the opportunity to use the micro:bit to control electronic components such as switches, sensors, buzzers and servo motors.
- gain ideas for developing electronic functionality with existing design and technology products.
- be able to demonstrate how the micro:bit can be used to support context driven design challenges in design and technology.
- gain access to resources and on-going support through a dedicated online community group.
You will be able to:
- develop confidence in programming the micro:bit and connecting it to electronic inputs and outputs.
- gain ideas for how the micro:bit can be used to enhance student outcomes in design and technology.
- take away ideas and resources that can be implemented in the class room straight away.
Creating intelligent products in design and technology with the micro:bit
Code: TV203 / D17
Start date: 12 Jun 18 09:30-16:00
Location: The City of Liverpool College, Clarence Street, Liverpool L3 5TP
BOOK NOW FOR THE BIG BANG NORTH WEST 2018!
Big Bang North West 2018: AstraZeneca return as Headline Sponsor
Enter the Big Bang UK Young Scientists & Engineers Competition
Official Gallery: The Big Bang North West 2017
Big Bang North West 2017: The Movie!
Go Virtual with The Big Bang North West!
The Big Bang North West 2017: Your Amazing Feedback
The Big Bang UK Competition: Finalists & Award Winners!
Big Bang North West 2017: A Teacher’s View