All About STEM NEWS
EDT: University STEM Inspire Courses
Love STEM? EDT can INSPIRE you for 3 days at a leading UK University!
Who are these skills courses for?
Year 11 / S4 students who have a passion for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths).
What will I be doing?
• You will be introduced to Engineering and/ or Science through project work to give you a flavour of what to expect at University first year undergraduate level
• Take part in hands-on STEM projects, lectures and workshops
• Learn how to manage a project, develop research techniques, problem solving and write reports
• Hear about university life from lecturers, admissions tutors and post-grad students
• Meet engineers, scientists, researchers and professionals who’ll explain their own achievements
• Learn to be confident and enthusiastic about your next level of study in STEM subjects
How much does it cost?
Inspire courses in 2019 are offered at a subsidised rate of £235 for all residential courses (everything’s included – tuition, accommodation, evening activities and meals, but not your travel costs to and from the University, which you must arrange) or £140 for a non-residential course (covers tuition and meals).
Did you know that the actual cost of Inspire courses is £353, and fundraisers at EDT work extremely hard to raise money to keep the course as affordable as possible for students. If you would like to make a donation in excess of the subsidised course fee to help EDT offer a higher number of reduced cost places for very disadvantaged students, you will have the opportunity to do so when you pay online to secure the course place after you have accepted an offer of an Inspire place.
Want to see more?
Why not take a look at the Inspire 2018 student experience at the University of Sheffield here!
Email: [email protected]
EDT delivers over 40,000 STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) experiences each year, for young people aged 9 -21 across the UK. Their range of work related learning schemes provide opportunities for young people to enhance their technical, personal and employability skills through industry-led projects, industrial placements and specialised taster courses. They help develop partnerships, building links between educators and industry employers, helping organisations reach talent and connect with young people across the UK.
The Big Bang North West 2018: 7000 school children celebrate STEM!
Metro Mayor Opens Big Bang Competition Awards Ceremony – Winners Announced!
Big Bang North West & AstraZeneca celebrate 5 years of STEM inspiration for schools!
The Big Bang North West 2018: Your AMAZING Feedback!
The Big Bang North West 2018: Official Gallery
The Big Bang North West 2018: LIVE Twitter Gallery
The Big Bang North West 2018: Big Bang UK Competition Projects
The Big Bang North West 2018: Behind the Scenes