All About STEM NEWS
Home & School Learning: STEM/STEAM Resources Collection 4
There’s no need to ride the search engines, hop off at All About STEM’s Inspiration Station!
During this time, we know that teachers and parents are surfing the web looking for fun, interesting activities for their children. Supporting this mission is our priority so every weekday we will be sourcing and sharing home & school resources, competitions, virtual tours, videos, ideas, awards and more!
We’ll also be listing activities to promote positivity, mindfulness and exercise.
Science – Technology – Engineering – Art – Maths – Body – Mind – Enjoy!
- If you love space, the NASA Kids Club is for you!
Online games, activities & challenges.
- National Geographic for Kids in an awesome website for discovering all about countries, wildlife and more.
- Amazing science tricks with water – amaze your friends!
Don’t forget to research how this works after you watch…
- Primary: The CREST Star & Superstar digital booklets are packed with fun science activities for children. Take a look at the all of the projects here.
- Discover the science behind how the world works with BrainPop!
Free access for parents during school closures.
- Fantastic news! Microsoft has extended access to Minecraft: Education Edition and resources to home learning!
- Use technology to create your own storybook or scrapbook for FREE!
- Make your own hologram projector at home!
- STEM Learning have a HUGE library of awesome technology resources for all ages, click here to choose your activity.
- WOW! This video compares technology old and new. Take a trip back in time & see how far we’ve come. What a leap!
- Make a lolly-stick catapult!
- NASA are offering fantastic home learning activities & resources, build an Apollo Moon Capsule or Moon Habitat.
- Build a matchbox camera, this is a brilliant technology activity too.
- Make a gaming steering wheel or a magic photo cube!
(Adult supervision required.)
Today’s focus – Ceramics (suitable for clay, play-dough or dough)
- Start as a beginner…
- Move on to a coil pot…
- Now try a lantern! You can use a battery powered light inside.
- Mind Reading Maths!
- Geometry Nets: Download, print, make & decorate
Make dice for board games, gift boxes & fortune tellers too!
- A whole host of Maths worksheets for school or home learning for ages 4-11. (Just in case you prefer printables.)
- The National Numeracy Family Maths Toolkit is full of ideas and free activities to help families enjoy maths together!
- Blow bubbles, lay on the grass or play ‘cloud shapes‘
- Stretch out & breathe
- Dim the lights & listen to music to unwind to
(Make a music list together during the day)
- Meditation: Find a safe place
- Bathe, bed, sleep
- Doing The Body Coach workouts? Download your free Joe Wicks Exercise Log from Twinkle
- Home Exercise for Kids – Slower, step by step activity with cool-down.
- Brain Gym – Some tricky but fun moves in there that give you a giggle & bonus brain power! Take a look…
Don’t forget to follow All About STEM on Twitter & Facebook as we’ll be posting more resources there.
-Tag us @allaboutstem to highlight useful resources and we will feature them or pass them on.
-Tag us in your home or school project photos and inspire others. We’d love to share them and celebrate your children’s success!
We know this is a very difficult period. We will try our best to showcase enriching educational activities and help you find what you need in the shortest time.
Keep it fun, keep smiling, keep safe
– Team All About STEM