All About STEM NEWS
Home & School Learning: STEM/STEAM Resources Collection 5
There’s no need to ride the search engines, hop off at All About STEM’s Inspiration Station!
During this time, we know that teachers and parents are surfing the web looking for fun, interesting activities for their children. Supporting this mission is our priority so every weekday we will be sourcing and sharing home & school resources, competitions, virtual tours, videos, ideas, awards and more!
We’ll also be listing activities to promote positivity, mindfulness and exercise.
Science – Technology – Engineering – Art – Maths – Body – Mind – Enjoy!
- Build an Archimedes Screw, you can find out more about Archimedes here.
- Make your drawings float!
How is this possible? Here’s the science behind it.
- Make sugar crystals you can eat!
(Adult supervision required)
- How well do you wash your hands?
A fun way to learn about hygiene – with paint!
- Everything you need to know about the Human Body…
Explore the skeletal, nervous, muscular, circulatory, urinary, respiratory, and digestive systems along with the five senses.
- Make a paper circuit – this is awesome fun & you don’t need copper tape like most, just a pencil!
- HOT OFF THE PRESS!
CreativeHUT are now offering a range of free online training sessions and webinars to support students, parents and teachers.
STEM/STEAM – LEGO, Sphero, Strawbees, Kubo Coding
- Make your own smartphone projector!
How awesome does it get? This really works… take a look.
- Like puzzles?
Complete this technology wordsearch!
- Grab your phone or camera and complete this photo scavenger hunt!
- Create a Gumdrop Geodesic Dome and test it’s strength!
If you don’t want to use food, use sticks & dough or blu-tac.
- Go sailing! How much weight can foil boats float?
(Adult supervision required)
- Build a wind powered car – whoosh!
(Adult supervision required – blades/scissors)
- Design a wind-powered machine with Practical Action and you could receive a CREST Award!
- Make a paper plane launcher! Who can fly the longest distance?
Today’s focus – Textiles
- Life Skills: Sewing
- Science & Art: Go natural – Tie dye a t-shirt using onion skins
- And with your sewing skills you can try these hacks!
- Oxford Owl have a full range of videos on offer to learn and practise maths skills.
- STEM Learning offer online & downloadable resources for Primary & Secondary Maths. They cover all other subjects too, visit their website to find out more!
- Teens & Adults: An online tool from National Numeracy to help improve every day maths skills in manageable steps.
- Make your own Top Trumps Maths Cards or download a set for FREE from TES! They have plenty of other subjects covered too.
- Logical and fun! Try these online maths & logic puzzles.
- Make your own Word Cloud, pack it with positive words or the names of your favourite people! Fabulous for framing and displaying at home.
- Laugh with David Walliams!
David is sharing a free audio story each day…
- Get planting! Plant some fruit or vegetable seeds in pots or in the garden. Best part is, you get to eat what you grow!
- Mindfulness for Teens – Meditations, videos, resources & more.
- Make a rainbow for your window or paint pebbles for your garden or planters.
- Strictly Come Dancing’s Oti Mabuse is offering free dance classes online during school
- Check out Sport England‘s top tips for exercising at home with children.
- Go old-school – have a go at hula-hooping, hopscotch or twister!
Don’t forget to follow All About STEM on Twitter & Facebook as we’ll be posting more resources there.
-Tag us @allaboutstem to highlight useful resources and we will feature them or pass them on.
-Tag us in your home or school project photos and inspire others. We’d love to share them and celebrate your children’s success!
We know this is a very difficult period. We will try our best to showcase enriching educational activities and help you find what you need in the shortest time.
Keep it fun, keep smiling, keep safe
– Team All About STEM