All About STEM NEWS
Home & School Learning: STEM/STEAM Resources Collection 9
There’s no need to ride the search engines, hop off at All About STEM’s Inspiration Station!
During this time, we know that teachers and parents are surfing the web looking for fun, interesting activities for their children. Supporting this mission is our priority so every weekday we will be sourcing and sharing home & school resources, competitions, virtual tours, videos, ideas, awards and more!
We’ll also be listing activities to promote positivity, mindfulness and exercise.
Science – Technology – Engineering – Art – Maths – Body – Mind – Enjoy!
- Medical Mavericks BIG Assembly: Ultrasound – Heart & Blood Vessels
- Custard – Who Knew?
1, Watch the Brainiacs walk on custard!
2, Make your own non-newtonian bowl of fun.
- 3, WOW! Now watch custard dance… in slow-mo!
(Don’t try this at home. We’ll get in big trouble & so will you 😀 )
- Everyone is happy to see a rainbow.
Make a rainbow in a glass.
- Create your own Periodic Table Battleships Game.
Learn the elements & have fun too!
- The BP Ultimate STEM Challenge may have closed for this year but the resources for Primary & Secondary are still available. Take the Wearable Tech Challenge, complete a project and you could earn yourself a Bronze CREST Award (Secondary).
- Draw what you think is inside your computer…
– motherboard – chipset – BIO – CPU – memory
Now find out how close you were & discover more with Microsoft’s Bill Gates! (Code.org playlist of videos)
- Get creative: Try drawing online – create awesome patterns, graphics & more. You can even doodle on masterpieces!
- Smartphones! Try these DIY filter & lighting ideas and get snapping!
(Adult supervision required)
- How can engineering help the planet?
Make your mark & join The Great Exhibition at Home Challenge!
The worksheet packs are step-by-step and great fun and you could win £500 worth of equipment to supersize STEM subjects in your school.
You can enter until July 2020.
- Try Engineering Chocolate, Mince Flies or Cargo Drop – All fantastic projects from STEM Learning & EngineeringUK (Ages 7-16)
- Make your own periscope!
- Take a look at these amazing parks & playgrounds!
Challenge: Become an architect & design your own park & playground with everything you would like for you and your friends…
Today’s focus – Pop Art
- What is Pop Art? Modern, Young, Cultural, Popular & Fun!
Discover Warhol’s work & other great artists of the era…
- Have a go. Try a word first…
- Next, an abstract of your favourite chocolate!
- And finally, make your own Licktenstein self portrait – BOOM!
- Gromit Unleashed (Wallace & Gromit) have just released fun downloadable activity packs including puzzles & code-breaking!
- Warning! This is addictive:
Challenge the family to a game of 1 to 50.
You can play on PC or phone.
Who has the fastest number spotting skills & reflexes? GO!
- Try the Action for Happiness app.
Lots of calming, relaxing ideas & it sends you ‘happiness nudges’ too!
- 3 Minute Body Scan Meditation
- Heartfulness for Primary Children
- Heartfulness for Secondary Children
- PE games that can be adapted for home!
Pool noodle gallop or skip, skarf catch, hoop jumps & more.
- Health for Kids is a fun website for kids packed with information advice and ideas. Try the Knight Nurse or Poop Shooter games!
- Infographic: 15 simple exercises for kids to do at home
Don’t forget to follow All About STEM on Twitter & Facebook as we’ll be posting more resources there.
-Tag us @allaboutstem to highlight useful resources and we will feature them or pass them on.
-Tag us in your home or school project photos and inspire others. We’d love to share them and celebrate your children’s success!
We know this is a very difficult period. We will try our best to showcase enriching educational activities and help you find what you need in the shortest time.
Keep it fun, keep smiling, keep safe
– Team All About STEM