All About STEM NEWS
Home & School Learning: STEM/STEAM Resources Collection 9
There’s no need to ride the search engines, hop off at All About STEM’s Inspiration Station!
We know that teachers & parents are always surfing the web looking for fun, interesting activities for their children, so we’re sharing our Inspiration Stations to help.
Each Inspiration Station is packed with home & school resources, videos, virtual tours, projects, awards and more! There are 60+ collections with over 2000 ideas!
You can also find activities to promote positivity, mindfulness and exercise.
Science – Technology – Engineering – Art – Maths – Mind – Body – Enjoy!
- Medical Mavericks BIG Assembly: Ultrasound – Heart & Blood Vessels
- Custard – Who Knew?
1, Watch the Brainiacs walk on custard!
2, Make your own non-newtonian bowl of fun.
- 3, WOW! Now watch custard dance… in slow-mo!
(Don’t try this at home. We’ll get in big trouble & so will you 😀 )
- Everyone is happy to see a rainbow.
Make a rainbow in a glass.
- Create your own Periodic Table Battleships Game.
Learn the elements & have fun too!
- The BP Ultimate STEM Challenge may have closed for this year but the resources for Primary & Secondary are still available. Take the Wearable Tech Challenge, complete a project and you could earn yourself a Bronze CREST Award (Secondary).
- Draw what you think is inside your computer…
– motherboard – chipset – BIO – CPU – memory
Now find out how close you were & discover more with Microsoft’s Bill Gates! (Code.org playlist of videos)
- Get creative: Try drawing online – create awesome patterns, graphics & more. You can even doodle on masterpieces!
- Smartphones! Try these DIY filter & lighting ideas and get snapping!
(Adult supervision required)
- How can engineering help the planet?
Make your mark & join The Great Exhibition at Home Challenge!
The worksheet packs are step-by-step and great fun and you could win £500 worth of equipment to supersize STEM subjects in your school.
You can enter until July 2020.
- Try Engineering Chocolate, Mince Flies or Cargo Drop – All fantastic projects from STEM Learning & EngineeringUK (Ages 7-16)
- Make your own periscope!
- Take a look at these amazing parks & playgrounds!
Challenge: Become an architect & design your own park & playground with everything you would like for you and your friends…
Today’s focus – Pop Art
- What is Pop Art? Modern, Young, Cultural, Popular & Fun!
Discover Warhol’s work & other great artists of the era…
- Have a go. Try a word first…
- Next, an abstract of your favourite chocolate!
- And finally, make your own Licktenstein self portrait – BOOM!
- Gromit Unleashed (Wallace & Gromit) have just released fun downloadable activity packs including puzzles & code-breaking!
- Warning! This is addictive:
Challenge the family to a game of 1 to 50.
You can play on PC or phone.
Who has the fastest number spotting skills & reflexes? GO!
- Try the Action for Happiness app.
Lots of calming, relaxing ideas & it sends you ‘happiness nudges’ too!
- 3 Minute Body Scan Meditation
- Heartfulness for Primary Children
- Heartfulness for Secondary Children
- PE games that can be adapted for home!
Pool noodle gallop or skip, skarf catch, hoop jumps & more.
- Health for Kids is a fun website for kids packed with information advice and ideas. Try the Knight Nurse or Poop Shooter games!
- Infographic: 15 simple exercises for kids to do at home
Don’t forget to follow All About STEM on Twitter & Facebook as we’ll be posting more resources there.
-Tag us @allaboutstem to highlight useful resources and we will feature them or pass them on.
-Tag us in your home or school project photos and inspire others. We’d love to share them and celebrate your children’s success!
Keep it fun, keep smiling, keep safe
– Team All About STEM