All About STEM NEWS
Employers: Inspire Your Future Workforce – Host a Nuffield Research Placement
Nuffield Research Placements give young people from disadvantaged backgrounds the opportunity to gain skills and confidence in science and research. They are provided by the Nuffield Foundation as part of its mission to improve social well-being and educational opportunity across the UK and an independent evaluation has shown them to increase access to university courses in STEM subjects.
Employers can inspire young people to gain skills and experience through research by hosting a Nuffield Research Placement.
Benefits of hosting a student:
– Support young people and diversify your workforce
– Provide your staff with opportunities to apply and develop their coaching, mentoring and management skills
– Students are bright, capable and can complete a variety of tasks including data analysis, scoping and experimental design
– Fulfil your public engagement, widening participation and corporate and social responsibility goals
– Forge strong links with schools and colleges in your local area
Make a difference in the North West…
Click below to find out more!
(Remote/Online Placements are an option)
For further information or to get started today, contact our team via [email protected]
You can also join one of our online introductory events on Hosting a Nuffield Placement here.
All About STEM works on lots of exciting STEM projects. As part of the STEM Learning family, we manage the STEM Ambassador Hub in Merseyside, Cheshire and Warrington, working closely with the regional Science Learning Partnerships in Merseyside and Warrington and Cheshire and Stockport. Follow STEM Ambassador Hub Merseyside & Cheshire on Twitter .« Back To News