All About STEM NEWS
Employer Benefits: Hosting a Research Placement or Experience
The Research and Experience Placement Programme (formerly known as Nuffield Placements) has been around for more than 25 years and is managed nationally by STEM Learning. The programme allows Year 12 students to make a meaningful contribution towards the work of a host organisation.
By hosting a Research Placement or Experience employers can:
• Support and inspire the next generation and future STEM workforce
• Diversify your workforce while forging strong links with schools and colleges in your local area
• Receive invaluable assistance and fresh insights into current working practices
• Fulfill public engagement, widening participation & CSR goals
• Enhance institutional reputation by working with motivated students
If you’re an employer or academic institution who would like to get involved, click here to take a look at the NEW Programme Guide for placement providers.
Research Placements and Experiences in the North West
Although a national programme, Research Placements and Experiences are managed by a network of regional coordinators. This means there can be slight differences, for example with application submission dates, in how the programme runs in each area.
For information specific to our North West region, please use the links below:
For further information, you can contact our team directly: [email protected]
All About STEM works on lots of exciting STEM projects. As part of the STEM Learning family, we are Research Placement and Experience Coordinator for the North West and a STEM Ambassadors Partner supporting the National STEM Ambassadors Programme via the STEM Ambassadors Community.« Back To News