All About STEM NEWS
Unilever Port Sunlight: Year 13 Sponsored Degree Opportunities!
Unilever R&D at Port Sunlight, have fabulous opportunities for Y13 students to undertake a sponsored degree!
Unilever Port Sunlight
2018 Packaging Technology Sponsored Degree (BEng) Programme – Hair (Job Number: 17000HTH)
Location: Port Sunlight, Wirral
Function: Research & Development
The R&D Sponsored Degree candidate will report to a line manager from the Packaging Design part of the organisation within Unilever R&D UK. They will be involved in projects within R&D that deliver innovative products to millions of global consumers every day. The new purpose built Advanced Manufacturing Centre (AMC) R&D facility will form a key part of the learning and development. They will experience all of the functional areas necessary to deliver great products and will work within at least 3 key areas over the duration.
The R&D Sponsored Degree Candidate will:
1. Undertake an R&D skills learning programme
2. Develop R&D skills appropriate to a modern FMCG environment including packaging, supply chain, consumer understanding and manufacturing.
• The primary focus will be on the development of personal and R&D skills and competencies within the boundaries of the sponsored degree programme
• Years 1-5 of the programme requires part time (1 day per week term time and some evenings) attendance at Liverpool John Moores University to complete a BEng (Hons) Degree.
• In addition successful candidates will complete a diploma in packaging through the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IoM3). Study time will be provided to allow for completion of this diploma.
• The overall objective of the programme is to deliver a range of skills and competencies to meet the technical requirements of the business.
Candidates must have a genuine passion for Science and its application to the world around us. Candidates should have three A-level passes including grade B (or equivalent qualifications/or be awaiting results) in Mathematics and one other subject (Physics, Chemistry, Further Maths). All candidates must have passes at GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics.
How To Apply
Find out what it’s like to work at Unilever here.
Or to apply now, click here.
All candidate applications are reviewed in accordance with the criteria outlined for the job role.
Please note that the closing date for the receipt of applications is 9th February 2018.
The Big Bang North West 2017: A STEM-sational Success with Schools!
Headline Sponsor: AstraZeneca Inspire All at The Big Bang North West
Official Gallery: The Big Bang North West 2017
Big Bang North West 2017: The Movie!
Go Virtual with The Big Bang North West!
The Big Bang North West 2017: Your Amazing Feedback
The Big Bang UK Competition: Finalists & Award Winners!
Big Bang North West 2017: A Teacher’s View