All About STEM NEWS
COURSE: CLEAPSS Supporting safe practical microbiology
Do you lack confidence/experience in providing for school microbiology?
This intensive course covers all the essentials of H&S and aseptic technique that are necessary for safe and effective KS3, GCSE and A level microbiology practicals.
The course is entirely “hands on” so you will gain confidence as you practice the skills during the day. At the end of the course you can take away the cultures and plates you have made, to watch them develop.
What we will do on the course?
– H&S aspects to comply with the COSHH regulations.
– Skills required for provision of safe equipment and materials.
– Safety aspects when culturing unknown environmental microbes.
– Safe sub-culturing of microbes for student use in lessons.
– Dealing with spillages and contaminated materials.
– Ideas for safe and successful practical activities.
Where: City of Liverpool College
When: 2nd November 2017 10am – 4pm
Cost: £125 + VAT
The Big Bang North West 2017: A STEM-sational Success with Schools!
Headline Sponsor: AstraZeneca Inspire All at The Big Bang North West
Official Gallery: The Big Bang North West 2017
Big Bang North West 2017: The Movie!
Go Virtual with The Big Bang North West!
The Big Bang North West 2017: Your Amazing Feedback
The Big Bang UK Competition: Finalists & Award Winners!
Big Bang North West 2017: A Teacher’s View